Through stewardship, scholarship, and outreach, the Dolph Briscoe Center for American History increases knowledge and fosters exploration of our nation's past. As a leading history research center, we collect, preserve, and make available documentary and material culture evidence encompassing key themes in Texas and U.S. history. Researchers, students, and the public use our collections for a wide range of academic, professional, and personal uses. Our collections also inspire our own projects, including books, exhibits, programs, films, and educational materials. The Dolph Briscoe Center for American History is an organized research unit and public service component of The University of Texas at Austin.
The Briscoe Center's Research and Collections Division is located in Sid Richardson Hall Unit 2, on the main campus of The University of Texas at Austin. It is the Center's main research facility and the repository for the vast majority of the Center's book, manuscript, map, newspaper, photographic, sound, and ephemera collections. These include the Eugene C. Barker Texas History Collection, the George Littlefield Southern History Collection, and the Congressional History Collection. The Research and Collections Division's public services area is open to the public, Monday through Saturday. This division also regularly features exhibits of materials drawn from its research collections.
- Online Reference Request Form: http://www.cah.utexas.edu/research/reference_help.php
- Phone: 512-495-4518 (Information Desk)
- Phone: 512-495-4532 (Reference Desk)
- Physical Address: 2300 Red River St., Sid Richardson Hall, Unit 2, Room 2.106, Austin, Texas 78712-1426
- Website: http://www.cah.utexas.edu/index.php
- Permissions and Copyright Information: http://www.cah.utexas.edu/research/fine_print.php
- Key Finding Aids:
- A Guide to the Robert J. Minchew Houston Astrodome Architectural and Engineering Collection
- Bailey (Bob) Studios Photographic Archive, ca. 1932-1998; Part I: Photographs
- Bailey (Bob) Studios Photographic Archive, ca. 1932-1998; Part II: Moving Images
- A Guide to the Shel Hershorn Photograph Collection
- A Guide to the Skipper Lee Frazier Papers, 1967-1993
- A Guide to the Michael A. Andrews Papers, 1980-1994
- A Guide to the William A. Cunningham Papers, 1958-1996